I am writing this at about 5pm Italy time. It’s morning in the states.
As we face New Year’s Eve here in Italy, we are in a Red Day. It means we are “forbidden” from going anywhere. Curfew is at 10pm for take out/delivery of food, etc. But we did manage to go buy a dog crate today for our little girl (three months old) as she gets out of the play yard and into the boy’s bed. HA
Facing 2021 has be going between these two memes.
But I knew I wanted to share with you a way more uplifting message than that… And I never really have to look further than my Magnificat. Y’all. Seriously – I could just regurgitate it all day look. Read John 1: 1-18 and then read the below!
2020 was a hard year in MANY ways… However; in our home, many great things happened during 2020:
- my husband beat cancer he didn’t know he had.
- we had time to clean and toss.
- we learned we were tougher than we thought.
- we made a list of things we need to do – as individuals and as a family.
- I lost 10 of the nearly 20 lbs I gained.
- I found my voice again and made myself a priority.
- Our children are healthy.
- Our grandchildren are healthy.
- Most of our friends have beaten cancer and Covid and other things they have faced.
- Please continue to pray for all who have not beat these things.
Today is New Year’s Eve. It’s the end and the beginning in one 24-hour period. Let us all work together to keep our minds sharp and positive. How blessed are we that God loves us so much he comforts us and guides us? He never leaves us. We can be certain of this! And whatever test we are walking through – HE is with us. Reach for his hand…
Let me quickly tell you how I intend to do stay positive, get more organized, AND concentrate:
- I am using several videos to stretch/strengthen and tone. I need to move more – PERIOD. Moving helps your energy level and your mind. It really does.
- I am on a 100 day fast from purchasing things I want vs. really a NEED. Sigh. that will be hard – but good.
- I have my meal plan in place.
- I’m going to try to figure out sales here and buy on the economy more because frankly the base is so expensive.
- I’m looking for a job.
- I am formulating a plan to be purposefully Liturgical. You say, WHAT? Y’all when I homeschooled, I was on it – Feast Days, etc. Between Italy and how we feel about being here, and the COVID Shut Downs… it has drained my brain and hope… Base Church is weak at best… and my disdain for it all has helped me understand we need to live more purposefully as Catholics.
- More family time.
- More positive mindset.
- Increase my prayer life. I’m trying. I have books and things (I will talk about them later). But mainly it’s about concentrating.
- I’m serious – is there a prayer for concentration or a Patron Saint for concentration.
- I will find a job.
- There will be more goals. That’s a good beginning.
Listen – I’m praying for you in 2021. We are all going to do our best to have a great year. It’s all we can do. Pray for me too.
HAPPY, BLESSED AND WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!
We’ll chat soon.
Love & Hugs,