I feel like I should say – “Hi – My name is Emily, and it’s been five + months since I’ve posted.” And y’all should all say – “Emily Who?” HAHAHA
When I last posted, we were newly Empty Nesters. We still are. LOL But we are adjusting really well. When we got back from Texas, we packed and moved to a much smaller place. The last year has been an absolutely beautiful and crazy experience… full of so many emotions, and enlightening me on my journey for peace. I will talk about that journey next time.
It’s been a whirlwind y’all. I am happy to put 2022 behind us. The range of emotions was crazy y’all. I’m still adjusting to not having our youngest with us. He did not come home from the holidays. But rest assured – we kept busy, and are headed to the Netherlands to visit friends, for five days. Interesting fact about the Netherlands – New Years is the only time fireworks are allowed. So we got that going for us. HA
I thought I’d share a recent pic of me AND that Marque was Santa this year at the local NATO Celebration. HA. SANTA!!! I KNOW HIM!
Have you met Melvin? Almost a year ago, January 2022 – a friend found Melvin on the street in a local town, and we cleaned him up, brought him to the Vet, and he stole our hearts. We named him Melvin because my dad was a bossy (organized, funny, dude) and so are puppies. You’d have to know my dad to know I’m not putting him down and to know how funny it is. Melvin was about 4+ lbs when we got him and about 5 weeks old, and he’s full grown (they say) at about 15 lbs. He’s adorable. Anywaaaaay… Here he is:
We had a dog named Gianna, but in two years, she never bonded. She was too abused or lost when we got her even though she was only 8+ weeks old. She just never recovered from the trauma… not with training, not with meds, etc. And she became aggressive to us and others… so she went to live with a family in the UK. It was sad, but it’s also so nice to have a dog who greets you, loves you, shows emotion, etc. So just know, she is in a better place.
Also – Meet Maisie. Born around September 11th, Maisie came to us early November 2022. She was found with her siblings in a garbage bag, inside a garbage can. Suffering malnutrition, she weighed about 1 kilo or 2.5 pounds. But now, we know she will be bigger than Melvin. Maisie is a pet name for Margaret, and is Scotch/Irish in origin. It means Pearl and I can’t think of a better name for a beautiful Puppy who was plucked from the garbage and is transforming before our eyes. She is 3.5 months old and shares a birthday with my sister Jennifer. She weighs almost as much as Melvin (she is about 12 lbs). Her name is Maisie Rose.
We were going to foster her at first, because Melvin has a big personality. But the vet advised not to let her go before shots, but that we couldn’t do shots for a couple weeks to make sure she wasn’t exposed to Parvo or anything that may hurt her when getting vaccinated. Sigh. But the family decided they didn’t want her, so we kept her. But when we took her out one night (in the carrier) we met a little girl who asked to hold her. And I said, “sure honey, her name is Maisie.” The dad got all excited and said, “what did you say?” I said, “I told her the dogs name was Maisie.” And that was also the little girl’s name. Sigh it was meant to be. She’s such a love this one.
I wanted to wish you all a blessed Christmas Season. AND a very happy new year. 2023 is going to be blessed y’all.
Let me do a quick catch up. If you’re still with me – thanks…
- I’m excited to turn 60 in October of 2023.
- My 59th was a flu-ridden debacle. haha
- Finally fitting into mediums (depending on maker) and even a few size 10 pants. My goal is a size 8 – maybe 6. We shall see.
- My mental health is better. Not just saying it – but actually concentrating on ME!
- Resigned from Board of women’s group.
- Crafting again.
- Getting back to faith.
- Marque and I both need to move more.
- I’m not going to say his health is great, but I am prayerful he will work on it in 2023.
- Chris is doing well (yes, he goes by Chris now – AACK!).
- He has learned a lot in the past six months.
- Unsure where he will go to college next year. Tarleton is not working out. He really wants Aeronautical/Aerospace instead of Mechanical Engineering. And I think the whole process of living without us and adjusting to the states again was rough. But he’s powering through. Maintained a 3.2GPA (he thinks one grade should be higher and is working with the professor).
- He was with family/friends in Texas for the holidays.
- He is in VA with his girlfriend now through New Years.
- Working PT/Saving for a car.
- I hesitate to say more on a public forum because it’s his story to tell as a budding adult.
- We are super proud of him.
I have to close because I have a list of things to do.
May God bless you, and may you trust Him More.
Friends, 2023 is our year. Let’s make it a good one. Christmas Cards will come out first week of January – and arrive whenever the horrid base post office gets them to ya.
Love and Hugs,
4 thoughts on “Updates Abound…”
Lady Em, your life sounds exciting and the pups are beautiful. I wish you an absolute wonderful 2023 and great success for your son in whatever he does, God bless
Thank you Olga. ❤
It’s great to hear from you again, I was afraid you wouldn’t be back online. We have some things in common, but your life is a lot more exciting! We are now on our 3rd year of raising our young grandchildren. Come to think about it is exciting too, but in a very different way😂
Thank you. Happy New Year. It’s good to be back.